Our High School is located in University Sports Centre Olympos, at the edge of our beautiful university campus “De Uithof”. Both the tournament hall and the sleeping halls are in the same building, conveniently located close to the highway. A bus stop is also within a few metres from the venue.
Unfortunately there is a lot of construction work going on at the moment, so De Uithof can be a bit confusing. To prevent you from getting lost, we made a little map with the most important places. We will also place signs directing you from the highway exit to the venue and the parking lots, and from the bus stop to the venue.
3584 CT Utrecht
There is only minimal space right in front of Olympos, so please use that only to unload your luggage, check-in, and then move to a different location.
The easiest place to park for the rest of the weekend is in the big P+R parking garage next to Olympos (the big blue square on the map). The P+R costs €4,50 per day. The garage is a huge square building with a lot of light strips on the outside. It is super close to Olympos and very hard to miss.
There are several other parking lots at De Uithof, they are indicated by the smaller blue squares on the map. Parking on those parking lots is free during the weekend and paid on weekdays from 07:00 – 18:00. You need coins to pay, so make sure you have enough.
The white & green signs wit a big P will direct you to those free parking spots, or enter “Yalelaan” in your GPS. It will take about 10 minutes to walk back to the ETDS venue, following the green dotted line on the map.
How to get there – By car
From East – A1/E30:
- At the interchange 14-Knooppunt Hoevelaken, use the right 2 lanes to follow signs for E30/A28 toward Amersfoort/Utrecht.
- At exit 2-Knooppunt Rijnsweerd, use the right lane to follow signs for De Uithof/De Bilt.
- At the end turn left towards De Uithof, and from there you can follow our signs to the venue.
From South-East – A12:
- At the interchange 16 t/m 18-Hilversum-Knooppunt Lunetten, use the right lane to follow signs for A27/E311 toward Ring Utrecht Oost/Hilversum.
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for E30 and merge onto A27.
- At the interchange Knooppunt Rijnsweerd, Use the right 3 lanes to follow signs for E30/A28 toward De Uithof/Amersfoort.
- Keep right to continue on Exit 2, follow signs for De Uithof.
- At the end of the exit turn left and from there you van follow our signs to the venue.
From South – A76/A2:
- Continue on A2
- At the interchange Knooppunt Everdingen, use the right 2 lanes to follow signs for A27/E311 toward Almere/Utrecht
- At the interchange Knooppunt Rijnsweerd, use the right 3 lanes to follow signs for E30/A28 toward De Uithof/Amersfoort
- At the interchange Knooppunt Rijnsweerd, Use the right 3 lanes to follow signs for E30/A28 toward De Uithof/Amersfoort
- Keep right to continue on Exit 2, follow signs for De Uithof
- At the end of the exit turn left towards De Uithof and from there you van follow our signs to the venue
How to get there – Public transport
Utrecht Central Station is the main railway hub of the country with direct rail services to most of the major Dutch cities, but also from/to Schiphol Amsterdam International Airport.
Several international trains make a stop at Utrecht Central Station:
- ICE International Train from Frankfurt, Cologne, Dusseldorf
- Night Trains from Munich and Berlin
From Utrecht Central Station you have to catch bus 28 to “P+R De Uithof”. There are several bus terminals, the one you need is “Jaarbeursplein”. Bus 28 leaves from Jaarbeursplein every 15 minutes. You can stay in the bus until the last stop: “P+R De Uithof.”. Sportcentrum Olympos is located right next to the last stop.
Bus tickets can be bought on the bus for €2,70. On Thursday and Friday night (from 18:00), Saturday and Sunday these tickets can be used on that same day as a two-way ticket. Note that for safety reasons bus drivers will not accept notes higher than €20,00.
Train tickets can be bought on all train stations from fending machines by card. On Utrecht Central it is possible to buy them at the public transport offices during working hours.
How to get there – By plane
The nearest Airport is Schiphol Amsterdam International Airport (AMS). From there you can take a direct rail service to Utrecht Central Station. This train trip will take only about half an hour (30 minutes).
– Free wifi is available at the venue.
– There are no lockers, so leave your valuable stuff at home.
– Payments at the bar can be made in cash or with debit card (no credit cards).
– A supermarket and a cash machine (ATM) are located at about 10 minutes walking distance from the venue.
– On Sunday we will have a stall with dance shoes, clothing and accessories from Danceway. For more info on their collection visit www.danceway.nl